Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

For readers in the USA I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving be it with family, friends or other loved ones. The boyfriend and I will have a large chunk of his family over here for dinner this afternoon and then tomorrow we will be getting up with my children during the day as well as some dear friends for dinner. Saturday, we will make a lightning trip to Charlottesville to visit my mother and my sister's family.
*
For those in the coming out process in mid-life and possibly divorce, I realize that the holiday season can be very upsetting and depressing as one thinks of what once was in terms of family gatherings versus the current situation where you are still wondering what will be. As painful as the holidays can be in this situation, know that it does get better and even family alienation does not last forever - even if it seems so at the time. Patience is the key - something I often have in short supply.
*
I am most thankful this year for my children - I truly am blessed with the relationship I have with my youngest daughter - the boyfriend, and my other loved ones be they family members or friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!