Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taliban Bob McDonnell Shows Anti-Gay Bias Again

One can only hope that the folks at Northrop Grumman were listening to Bob McDonnell lie during his radio address today - Taliban Bob says no employment non-discrimination protections for gays are needed in Virginia "based on the numbers he's seen." I guess McDonnell pulled the "numbers" out of his ass or else he parroted whatever was handed to him by Victoria Cobb at The Family Foundation.
*
Call me Bob. I can tell you about the regular calls I receive from LGBT Virginians who have lost their jobs because of who they are and the fact that they did not conform to the bigoted religious beliefs of their employers or supervisors. Or McDonnell can ask my client Michael Moore. Or McDonnell can call me about the law firm that forced me out after I came out of the closet. Bob McDonnell needs to get his head out of his ass (or out of Victoria Cobb's and/or Pat Robertson's ass). Or maybe McDonnell is going to instruct Virginia's resident village idiot, Ken "Cooch" Cuccinelli to start enforcing state and federal constitutional equal protections that he says exist for gays and not just for Christianists and teabaggers? I doubt it. Here are highlights from the Richmond Times Dispatch in respect to McDonnell's disingenuous (and false) blather:
*
Based on numbers he’s seen, Gov. Bob McDonnell said today he’s not sure the state needs a law protecting people against bias based on sexual orientation. Asked on his monthly radio appearance on WRVA if he would sign such a bill, the governor said, “I don’t know that we need it based on the numbers that I’ve seen.“
*
“There really isn’t any rampant discrimination on any basis in Virginia,“ he said. “If you’re going to have a law, it needs to actually address a real problem.“
*
Excuse me while I go vomit.

No comments: