Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gutless Personal Attacks

I guess it goes with being a LGBT blogger, but it is interesting how homophobes and Christianists who visit this blog - for the male beauty photos perhaps? - always (1) post their personal attacks anonymously, and (2) somehow attribute my posts that are 100% accurate in reporting anti-gay issues as some form of self-loathing on my part. For the record, the only loathing that I have is for Christianists and bigots who knowingly lie and denigrate others who disagree with their religious views all the while patting themselves on the back in a falsely pious and self-congratulatory manner. Here's a sampling of today's poison:
*
It is obvious you are filled with self-loathing. You project your hate onto others...just like Wayne Besen, the queen of hatemongering. . . . But, of course, this is not about truth...it's about raging against yourself for abandoning your family. You should really get some help.
*
Candidly, it sounds to me that it's the author of the comment rather than me who needs some help. Maybe the author of the comment is Michael Johnston, since he has such an axe to grind with Wayne Besen. Or maybe it's one of the folks at Exodus International or some other ex-gay "ministry" who feels threatened by growing revelations that gays cannot change their sexual orientation, thus causing the author more self loathing because in his heart of hearts he knows that he's really gay.
*
I'd also note that I never abandoned my family - my youngest daughter will be in my office most of the day today - as she is most days. As for my other children, I suspect that someday they will realize that they were never abandoned.

1 comment:

Ultra Dave said...

They are an astoundingly ignorant bunch.