Saturday, October 03, 2009

2009 LATINO BUSINESS EXPO

I will be spending the day between 10:00AM and 3:00PM at the 2009 Hispanic Business Expo - the only down side is that it's being held at Regent University which offered space and set up free of charge in an what I view as another example of its effort to down play its scary Christian Right image. One of my firm's marketing initiatives is to market to community segments ignored by larger law firms and the rapidly growing Hispanic community in the area is a logical choice, particularly since my amazing office manager/head paralegal is totally bilingual. Although my mother grew up bilingual in Central America she unfortunately never pressed me and my siblings to learn Spanish. Also as a member of the Hispanic Chamber, the firm receives website promotion.
*
I have found that competent, reasonably priced and respectful legal services go a long way in attracting clients, especially those who face a fair amount of discrimination from "main stream" law firms that all too often are overly impressed with themselves. The other market segments I am focusing on are obviously the LGBT community and also the Indian community since we have a large number of immigrants from India in the region. I find that people - gay, straight, Hispanic, Indian or Asian - are all just people. If more people would recognize that simple fact and treat others as they would like to be treated, the world would be a far better place.

No comments: