Thursday, January 01, 2009

New York City

UPDATED January 3, 2009: We went to the Stonewall on Saturday for a drink and found it to be a very cozy place with great paneling and numerous framed photos from the Stonewall riots. It was definitely interesting to be in a place that has such an important place in the saga of the fight for gay rights and legal equality.
*
We arrived safely in New York City and stopped by the Monster for a cocktail before dinner at a wonderful dinner at a Spanish restaurant named Seville. The condo that we are staying at is 1/2 block from the Stonewall Inn (pictured above) and hopefully we will visit it while we are in town. Amazingly, at the Monster we ran into a couple that the b/f knows from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I'm not sure what we will do later, but I suspect we will check out a few gay clubs and perhaps get some dancing in.
*
I will try to do some posts while we are here. Hopefully, I will be able to catch up with some other participants of the LGBT blogger summit who live here in New York while we are in town. Overall, it's exciting to be here with the b/f and to experience a far different side of NYC than I have experienced in the past while married and in the closet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too bad I didn't have time off from my job. I could have taken the train to NYC to see you fellas.

Perhaps another time.