Tuesday, November 11, 2008

National LGBT Blogger Initiative Summit

Almost a month ago I did a post on the National LGBT Blogger Initiative Summit to be held in Washington, D.C., on the weekend of December 5-7, 2008. The goal of the initiative which was the brainchild of by Mike Rogers of PageOne Q and BlogActive.com is to support training and grants for "the country's leading and emerging online voices." The program, was established with a leadership gift of $50,000 from Jonathan Lewis of the Progressive Insurance family. While I figured that it was a long shot, I applied for the summit through the website. I just found out that I have been selected to attend! Wow!
*
I have registered for the summit and am still waiting on more details about the agenda for the summit, not to mention who else will be attending. I am very, very excited to have made the selection cut and to have what I beleive will be a wonderful experience. One of my goals is to take this blog to a higher level and I hope this program will help me to achieve that goal. I believe blogs and the information the Internet offers can make a huge difference over time for the benefit of the LGBT community and democracy in general. I will share more information as I receive it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to sign up but reconsidered because I know that Mike wouldn't consider me out of spite.

Nonetheless, congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm sure you will be a voice of reason and wisdom.