Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Retrospective

As I indicated in a post yesterday morning, I had a truly wonderful weekend spending the vast majority of the weekend with my boyfriend of roughly a month and a half. We did, in fact, end up spending the afternoon at a friend's pool sipping white sangria my boyfriend whipped up. The pool crowd is both interesting and fun. The owner of the house with the pool is a single gay man who lets neighbors from the surrounding close knit neighborhood congregate and socialize at his pool. The other neighbors are a mix of single gays, gay couples and several middle aged straight couples, all of whom are totally accepting and cool hanging out with the gay boys. It's a unique crowd and exemplifies how all neighborhoods should be in my view.
*
I intend to protect my boy friend's privacy, but one strange coincidence came up that I want to mention, in part because it will allay questions of what he looks like. We were chilling last night and watching the gay romance theme movie, The Trip, which I have seen before but which he had never seen before. The coincidence is that the Tommy character in the movie played by Steve Braun (especially in the portion of the movie where he has mid-length hair) looks remarkably like my boyfriend in an old high school senior picture he had showed me earlier in the weekend. It was really uncanny. So, those of you who want to know what my sweetie looks like, go rent the movie and picture a somewhat older version of Tommy. :)
*
One thing the weekend definitely re-enforced for me was just how sweet and talented my boyfriend is. He has a beautiful heart, is intelligent and is totally comfortable in his own skin. I also very much like the way he confidently and unapologetically introduces me to all of his friends as his boyfriend. I find all of these to be very attractive qualities and hope that as time passes we come treasure each other even more. Is he "the one"? I'm not sure yet, but he is definitely a contender.

No comments: