Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Patrick Swayze Has Pancreatic Cancer

I was saddened to hear that Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer. I have enjoyed him in many movies and I have always thought he was great as Vida Boheme in To Wong Foo. I guess I have always felt some connection to him as well since we are only six days difference in age (I'm six days older). I truly wish him the best. I know that this form of cancer can often be fast acting, but such is not always the case. I have one relative who has survived more than 10 years with one variant of it. Hopefully, Swayze will be equally lucky (http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=304120&GT1=7701):

Patrick Swayze is being treated for pancreatic cancer but is doing well enough to continue working, his representative said Wednesday. The "Dirty Dancing" actor has a very limited amount of disease and appears to be responding well to treatment, according to Dr. George Fisher, Swayze's physician. Fisher's prognosis was included in a statement released Wednesday by Swayze's representative, Annett Wolf.
"Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," the statement read. "All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

No comments: