Friday, March 28, 2008

My Son's Adventure Begins

My son - pictured above in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Charlottesville - is off to Georgia to start on his hiking adventure on the Appalachian Trail. As a parent, I hope he is careful and makes his journey safely and without mishap. I also wish him much enjoyment and believe that he will have an incredible experience in the process. He seems well equipped and he seems to have done his "homework" in terms of planning of traversing the length of the Trail up to Maine. He has e-mailed me a link to the Flicker account he has opened where he will upload photos as and when he can along the way.
Obviously, I am very proud of my son and love him very, very much. He and his sisters are what give meaning and a reason to my years in the closet. In order to have them, I'd go through all the pain and unhappiness all over again.

No comments: