Friday, March 28, 2008

A Closet Case in My Old Neighborhood

Back in July, 2004, I did a post on a New York Magazine article that focused on the use of Craigslist by married men in New York City for sexual hook-ups with other married men (http://michael-in-norfolk.blogspot.com/2007/07/married-man-seeks-same-for-discreet.html). Per the article, some cheated on their wives regularly and over a long period of time. Shortly thereafter, I found that this blog had been quoted in follow up comments to that article (http://nymag.com/nymag/letters/35548/). In any event, since then from time to time I check out the local Craigslist to see if similar situations occur in this area. The answer is, oh my, yes, indeed. There are lots of married guys looking to cheat on their wives, many looking for young Navy guys to satisfy their needs. Imagine my surprise, however, when I randomly came across this ad today from someone in my former outwardly straight laced, church going, Republican, neighborhood, Baycliff, in Virginia Beach:
baycliff bi guy - 40
Date: 2008-03-28, 12:20PM EDT
would love to find a bi neighbor in the baycliff subdivision to meet and have some discreet, safe, m2m fun occasionally. Very sane, safe, d/d free guy here. Just like to get with a guy occasionally and would prefer someone in my neighborhood or close by. white guys only, please. I do have a pic. 5'10", 190, clean-shaven face, professional, clean-cut type guy here. Hope to hear from someone.
Believe me, I am not a prude, but I definitely believe in honesty. I had my life changing slip up and came clean to my wife. Not until after we formally separated and I moved out of the house would I have ever thought of seeking out meetings like this guy is doing. Especially in my own neighborhood!!

1 comment:

Java said...

Yeah, well, Michael, you have more integrity than this guy. That's one reason I read your blog and not his (that I'm aware of!!!)