Sunday, December 16, 2007

New Policy On Comment Publishing

I have previously indicated that I have very little patience (okay, no patience) with those who seek to post comments of a snide and nasty tone yet are so gutless and cowardly that they do it as "anonymous." I do not expect everyone to agree with my views and opinions, but I at least am not afraid to reveal my identity. Going forward, any derogatory comment that is posted by "anonymous" or similar name that lacks a confirming e-mail address or link to a blogger profile will be rejected when I review comments for moderation.
This may seem harsh, but in my view, if one does not have the courage to speak their views openly and without hiding, then they will not be published on this blog. The authors of such comments need to grow some balls and get a back bone. Should someone for a valid reason not want their name published, they can e-mail me and explain the circumstances. Those who merely want to be anonymous nasty, bitchy queens and the like will not be accommodated.

4 comments:

Java said...

So Michael, if I leave a rude, nasy, snide, derogatory comment and sign my name, will you accept it?
Honestly, I can't think of any reason I'd be rude, snide, etc. Not against you, anyway. I'm not usually the rude type.
When you say "grow some balls" are you being literal or figurative? I think it is about a lifetime too late for me to literally grow some balls. Boobs, yes. Balls, no.
Love ya' darlin!

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Java,

The "grow some balls" part was meant figuratively. Besides, I doubt you'd leave a rude, nasy, snide, derogatory comment without signing your name, unlike some of the whining, nasty folks out there who do not have the courage to sign their name or e-mail address to their comment.

Anonymous said...

Not sure who leaves these types of comments, but I'm positive I'm not the one -- since it's been several days that I commented. And, you posted the comments as well as commented favorably about them. That's a relief for me since I have not intended my posts in a mean spirited vein. I have to agree with you, however. Although people do have the right to speak their minds, they should own up to especially biting comments. As I can recollect, you have been fair in posting comments -- even those which do not agree with your stated opinions (provided, of course, they are not personal or vicious attacks). For various reasons, I prefer to be anonymous. And, occasionally, I am motivated to comment. It is with full understanding that you might choose, for whatever reason, not to post my comment. It is after all, your blog, and you have every right to make editorial decisions. I would hope, however, that for those that it is most important to remain absolutely anonymous, that we would be able to join in the discussion provided we all act in a gentlemanly fashion. Post this if you wish -- I just felt it important for you to see my side as well. Not everyone is at a point where they are able to open themselves to the world. I do admire your experiences in this area and think of you often with a small prayer in my heart that things go your way. Sign me as always, anonymous. :).

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

For clarification, the anonymous post that set me off the other day was one containing personal attacks (there have been a few in the past as well). I am not afraid to debate on issues.

However, if you want to attack me personally, please have the guts to identify yourself. Otherwise, do not waste your time or mine because the comments will NOT be published.