Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Huckabee Ad Reminds Ron Paul of Sinclair Lewis Prediction on Fascism

As reported today by RawStory (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Ron_Paul_suggests_Huckabee_selling_fascism_1218.html) a new campaign ad from Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee sounds a lot like a literary prediction about the coming of fascism, according to fellow GOP Oval Office seeker Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). Personally, I agree with Ron Paul. Sadly, fascism is already here more than many of us care to recognize. Here are some brief highlights:

Asked by Fox and Friends host Steve Doocy what he thought of the TV spot, Paul minced no words. "Well, I haven't thought about it completely, but you know, it reminds me of what Sinclair Lewis once said," Paul responded. "He says, 'When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross." Continued Paul, "Now, I don't know whether that's a fair assessment or not, but you wonder about using a cross like he is the only Christian or implying that subtly. So I don't think I would use anything like that."

No comments: