Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blowing Off the GOP

It is almost comical that I received a fax and then a telephone call today from the National Republican Congressional Committee asking me to be a Virginia member of the Committee's Business Advisory Council. Suffice it to say, the caller got quite an earful on my views of the current state of the party and how neither I nor most of my extended family would even remotely consider voting for a GOP candidate, much less help the party financially or otherwise unless and until it disassociates from the Christianist element and ceases to be an arm of the Christian Right.
The caller argued that my view of the party was incorrect until I read her chapter and verse on numerous issues. Finally, we ended the conversation, with her thanking me for explaining my views. I also asked that my name be purged from all records and mailing lists in their data base. Realistically, I do not see the Party changing, however, until it suffers more crushing defeats at the polls. I hope 2008 is a massacre.

No comments: