Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Sadness


Bela, the cat died early this morning. I know Raymond is devastated - Bela was his baby. I am very sad and am hugging Raymond in my thoughts. The photo above is of Bela and Raymond from a couple of years ago sitting on our bed. The other is of Bela and Bandit in one of their roughhouse games- Bandit loved to zoom in like a kamikaze and surprise Bela off guard, often provoking Bela to chase him around the house.

Raymond bought Bela as a little kitten and he definitely was a very unique cat. More personality than any cat I have ever known and a cat that acted liked a dog: he came when called and even liked to be walked on a leash. He had his crazy aspects - a fixation with water that was crazy to the point where he'd just about jump into the shower with you and always be fascinated with the flush of the toilet. Ultimately, Raymond bought him a water spa so that he could have his running water at all times. He was a wonderful companion - these last months living alone my sleeping arrangement would be Bela on one side of me and the dog on the other, with my body serving as the demilitarized zone. I will miss him greatly. Bandit, the dog will be lost without his friendly rival for the position of "alpha animal" of the house.

2 comments:

Java said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Please express my sympathy to Raymond, too. It sounds like Bela was a wonderful companion.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a cat person at all, but it sounds like he would've been the exception. People that say they're "just" animals don't understand. I'm really sorry for your loss.