Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Parody of Obama's press statement

Daily Kos (http://www.dailykos.com/) has a great parody of Barack Obama's statement yesterday defending his continued plan to appear with Donnie McClurkin, who claims to have never made anti-gay statements. For the real record onMcClurkin, see Pam's House Blend here: http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3397. I wonder how Obama would feel about this statement:
"I have clearly stated my belief that African-Americans are our brothers and sisters and should be provided the respect, dignity, and rights of all other citizens. I have consistently spoken directly to Caucasian religious leaders about the need to overcome the racism that persists in some parts of our community so that we can confront African-American issues and broaden the reach of equal rights in this country.

I strongly believe that Caucasians and the African-American community must stand together in the fight for equal rights. And so I strongly disagree with David Duke's views and will continue to fight for these rights as a progressive blogger to ensure that America is a country that spreads tolerance instead of division."

Nevertheless, David Duke is still on the schedule to sing at my Li'l Pumpkin Patch Halloween Party this weekend. I know it's insane. I know it's offensive to an entire class of Americans. But...have you ever heard him sing??? Angelic.
Oops, I forgot. Obama apparently likes double standards.

No comments: