Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Obama's Anti-Gay Blunder

It seems that I am anything but alone in my displeasure with Barack Obama's decision to keep out spoken Christianist and anti-gay bigot Donnie McClurkin on his South Carolina election tour. Here's a sampling of what John Aravosis is hearing over at AmericaGlog.com (http://www.americablog.com/2007/10/reader-mail-on-obamas-embrace-of-anti.html):
Obama's done in my book. What kind of Democrat who believes in equaliy for all travels with and hires for his 'entertainment' a homophobic jerk? So I guess his audaciously hopeful for ya as long as you're straight? What a phony. Clevelandchick
Barak,Kiss my money and my vote goodbye!If I want to be marginalized, treated like a criminal, etc, I'll look to the republicans.MajorD
Just tore my Obama sticker off my bumper.Olivia
Obama is a con man because on the one hand he strongly disagrees with McClurkin's views but doesn't take any responsible action. On the other hand he states a lot of rhetoric about equal rights to cover his true ideology. All talk, but no action, makes him a liar! Pastor Man
I've always had a suspicion and feeling that Obama internally was basically anti-gay and this generally proves that. However, he has one more chance, I'll withhold final verdict until I see his statement on this issue of this homophobe McClurkin. If he keeps this creep on his tour of SC, then it's over for my support of him, ever.Jim-n-Alpharetta
I think Obama has made a huge mistake.

1 comment:

Avenue Road said...

That is very disappointing to here that Donnie McClurkin is still apart of his team.