Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It Gets Even Worse for Obama

As if Barack Obama has not made a mess with partnering up with Donnie McClurkin for his South Carolina tour, it gets even better (or worse depending on one's persprective on gays). VisibleVote08 (See: http://visiblevote08.logoonline.com/2007/10/23/obama-steps-in-it/) is reporting that joining McClurkin will be the group Mary-Mary. Journalist Jasmyne A. Cannick points to something Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell said in March when asked how she felt about having a large gay following:


“I feel how God feels about it, um… but I still love them. You know what I mean? I don’t agree with the lifestyle, but I love them. They can come to the concert; I’m going to hug them just like I hug everybody else. They have issues and need somebody to encourage them like everybody else - just like the murderer, just like the one full of pride, just like the prostitute, everybody needs God. What your struggle is may not be what my struggle is, but we all need Him. So, that’s what our music is about: giving and God. Not to condone the lifestyle or to say, Oh it’s okay, but not to bash - but just to give them God. I mean, I’m appreciative of all of our supporters and fans. Hopefully what they’re hearing and saying in our music is my love for God.”

Murderers. Prostitutes. Gays. No need to go over it again. You read right the first time. It will take a lot for Obama to win back my potential vote. He surely seems to have some judgment issues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This certainly looks like a political blunder, but I just spent 40 mintues listening to a speech he made on faith and politics. I recommend it.
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/faith/

vab251

Anonymous said...

Well, at least he stopped short of comparing us to butt pirates.