Friday, October 12, 2007

Some Fun Satire of Christianists


I realize that I generally post either serious articles or photos in the "Male Beauty" series. For a change of pace, and lots of good laughs, readers should check out Betty Bowers' webpages. They are a wonderful spoof of the Christianist mentality and very entertaining. I have seen Betty Bowers many times via whitehouse.org and Michelle at Magic Belly Button reminded me just how crazy Ms. Bowers can be. Here's a link from which you can check out all of the crazed "Christian" materials: http://www.bettybowers.com/homoagenda.html Some of her "ministries" are outrageous, as is her updated piece on Ted Haggard.

2 comments:

Java said...

I just checked out Betty's site. She's not afraid to speak her mind, is she? I like it.

Michelle said...

Whitehouse.org is also one of my fave sites. It first came to my attention via another friend who had someone at uni think it was a real site and used it as a source for a talk they had to give in one of their tutorials! Hilarious.

The president's weekly radio address is great stuff too. The Dick Cheney ones are particularly hilarious.