Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Before Sunrise

Even a number of drinks at the home of some friends wasn't enough to banish a largely sleepless night. Hence why I am at the office at 6:30 AM. Unfortunately, I am out of Xanax and Ambien - though perhaps in some ways it is better that I not have a large supply on hand. I wouldn't want to end up like Anna Nicole after all.

The photo is a sunrise shot in Virginia Beach with a containership headed into port. It's a semi-clear morning so the sunrise will probably, in fact, look much like in the photo. Weather permitting, perhaps I will simply vegatate at the beach this weekend. October is in many ways the nicest month in this area.

I have a number of meetings today - some new commercial business acquisitions for clients. All I need to do is find some way to get motivated. O well, I will just put on my stage face and act like all is well as I die inside. Some things never change it appears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're writing about it. Revenge, as they say, is a dish best served cold. Perhaps the one thing you do have in your hand to deliver the retaliatory blow to the old she-dog is the fact that you have overcome it all and it truly is only about the financial aspect. Sorry to hear about the sleepness nights, though. Perhpas you should go back and read your blog on the benefits of sex -- now that's a healthy attitude. Keep smiling 'cause you know it drives 'em wild!