Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Sleepless Night


Last night was a fitful and largely sleepless night for me. At 4:30 AM I nearly got up and came into the office. Ultimately, I held off for a couple hours. I guess I simply had too many thoughts zooming around in my head: office matters, up coming business marketing and network events, and , of course, the still not final divorce.


I like being busy at the office for several reasons: the day goes more quickly, the firm revenue stream is enhanced, and at times I get a feeling of accomplishment when I have helped someone achieve a goal or meet a need. The draw back is that every client - rightfully from their perspective - views their matter as the most important. Thus, I become the juggler, striving to keep everyone happy all of the time. Needless to say, stress builds up.


On the marketing front, I am a bit in overload mode: a commercial real estate event this afternoon, speaking at a estate planning seminar Saturday morning, a church networking event Saturday evening, working the HRBOR booth on Sunday at Pride (and giving out my business cards too, of course). Then next Tuesday, I have the annual meeting of a commercial real estate networking organization at noon, and a real estate investor group meeting in the evening. Then on Thursday, there is the next HRBOR third Thursday event. How some allege I do not spend enough time marketing the firm is a bit baffling.


Then of course, I have the still open divorce case.

BTW, here is a website statement on sleeplessness: Sleeplessness is usually associated with emotional or mental tension, anxiety, depression, work problems, financial stress or unsatisfactory sex life. While insomnia is not usually related to any physical illness there are exceptions.

1 comment:

daveincleveland said...

guess this is why i am waking up any where fro m2-3 in morning now.....and up rest of night