Monday, June 04, 2007

Divorce Furies


Today's Court hearing was largely a draw. The matter was continued, but any financial ruling in my favor will be retro active. Unfortunately, the Court did not limit the scope of depositions tomorrow and my estranged wife's counsel, clearly intends to try to make an argument that my being openly gay - and worse yet, advertising to the LGBT market - makes me less able to earn more money. I guess his reasoning (or lack thereof) is that none of the homophobic law firms around here will hire an openly gay attorney.
How he intends to prove that defies belief. If he brings in any big law firms or big firm attorneys to make that statement, rest assured that I will identify them in a future post and turn them into all of the reputable laws schools in Virginia that include non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation in their on campus interview policies. Any firm that will not honor that policy is barred from interviewing at those law schools.
In any event, tomorrow's depositions will not be fun and I suspect there will be wild claims of me buying stuff for Raymond (my b/f), notwithstanding that I can document that he has paid $1,000's in bills in my name, which is more than the estranged wife EVER did. In retrospect, she simply viewed me as her personal ATM machine.
Sorry to be peevish, but I am both saddened and angry!!

3 comments:

dondon009 said...

A personal ATM machine is definately something worth fighting for.......

Hopefully this will soon be resolved and you will be able to get on with your life.

I wish you luck, Michael!

DON~

Anonymous said...

Geeze, some people's children!

I wish I could wave a magic wand and take it all away, but, seeing as that ain't gonna happen, I'll keep you and your b/f in my thoughts tomorrow, and hope that it will all end soon, and the two of you can get on with your lives, and leave Ms. Vindictive spinning her wheels at the side of the road.

D-Man said...

Hang in there Michael. "This too shall pass." Keep up your confidence (it will show in court)and be at peace knowing that you have taken the steps to make things right in your life.