Monday, May 21, 2007

Meet My Readers - Part 3

I received another nice e-mail from a reader of this blog this morning. He lives in Évora, Portugal and has a blog/journal found at: http://exiledsemfiltro.livejournal.com/ I will let Peter tell you more about himself:
A little bit about myself. My name is Peter. Here is Portugal, on the extreme west of Europe and all that. It is more homophobic than the rest of Western Europe, but less so than Eastern Europe. And it's not an open sort of homophobia, either. I turned 30 last 7th (of May). Big milestone, as my sexual orientation as been fairly clear to me since I was about 4, but I didn't act upon it until I was 19. Well, I'm an only child, more is the pity, so was my father and my mother had only one sister, living miles away. Yes, there's something very non "go and multiply" about our mostly devout Lusitanian (that's Episcopalian, actually, more like Anglican, we're in communion with them) family in this ocean of Catholics.

I left God to his own devices at 14. At 18 I became a buddhist. At 25 Unitarian Universalist, but organized religion still freaks me out a bit/a lot. I usually tell people I'm of the secular humanist branch of the UUs and it's true, but deep down, I still have some belief in a Deity, only not one like those in the Books(Bible, Koran, Talmud, whatever).

I live in Évora, my hometown. And commute to work in Lisbon (1 hour each way) 4 days a week. Lucky me. As I work in the Translating Department of a smallish publishing house I can get most of my work done on my PC.
I hope more of you will send me information on yourselves and all of us can share in the discussion of ideas and issues. My address is: michaelinnorfolk@gmail.com.

1 comment:

D-Man said...

Thanks, I'll check out my fellow UU's site.