Saturday, May 26, 2007

Iraq and the Corrupt, Venal, Incompetent GOP

Once again Bob Geiger has some great cartoons that sum up my views of the war in Iraq and the corrupt, venal, and incompetent GOP administration that got the USA into this disaster. Check them out at: (http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007/05/saturday-cartoons_26.html.) It’s interesting that in a 2003 e-mail to a friend in the GOP I predicted that Chimperator Bush’s hubris would lead to disaster. Little did I know how accurate I would prove to be.

I also love the one concerning gas prices. Having previously lived in upper middle class suburbia in the Great Neck area of Virginia Beach, I always found it ridiculous that the yuppie house wives who NEVER would take a vehicle off road or out on the beach just had to have big gas guzzling behemonths to cart their children around to kiddie sports events. I conced that I own a couple of Jeeps - which with six cylinder engines are economy cars in comparison - but each of them has actually been off road and even out to the tip of Cape Hatteras Point on surfing trips.

No comments: